Fachbereich Informatik - Aktuell
International Student Barometer
Survey on studying experience of international students – Win attractive prizes in the "International Student Barometer"
The University of Tübingen would like to further improve their services for international students. Therefore we are currently participating in the "International Student Barometer", the most extensive regular survey on the experience of international students worldwide. The survey is administered by the International Graduate Insight Group and is supported in Germany by the DAAD und the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK).
What are the expectations of international students coming to Tübingen? What have their experiences been so far? These are the questions for which we would like to have your answers.
How is the survey conducted?
The "International Student Barometer" is an online-questionnaire.
What kind of questions will be asked?
Typical questions are:
- reasons for choosing the University of Tübingen for studying here for a degree or for a term / a year
- satisfaction with services offered by Student Services and the University administration
- satisfaction with study programs and advice during study programs
- overall satisfaction with the stay at Tübingen
- suggestions for improvements of services and study programs
Who should take part?
All international students and PhD-students currently enrolled at the University and staying in Tübingen during this term are kindly invited to take part in the survey.
How can you participate?
All students currently enrolled at the University of Tübingen will receive an email message from the President of the University (Rector Prof. Bernd Engler). This email contains the link to the survey, which can be filled in in English or in German. If you have not received this email, you may contact the Office for International Affairs, Ms Ursula Kimpel.
What prizes can you win?
Students who participate in the survey can win two prizes of € 1000 each:
- € 1000 from i-graduate (winners are drawn from participants from Europe)
- € 1000 from DAAD/HRK (winners are drawn from participants from Germany)
For students at the University of Tübingen who will complete the questionnaire there are further attractive prizes to win. The University of Tübingen, together with the "Studentenwerk Tübingen Hohenheim" (Student Services), has added the following incentives:
- a weekend holiday for two at one of the University guest houses (the winner may choose a stay at the "Berghaus Iseler" in the Allgäu Alps or at the "Waldhotel Zollernblick" in the Black Forest)
- and 20 book vouchers worth € 25 each.
How can you learn about the results of the survey?
The results of the survey will be presented to students and University staff in early spring 2012. Winners of the prizes will be notified after the survey has closed on 09.12.2011.
Who coordinates the survey for the University of Tübingen?
The survey is organised localy by the Office of International Affairs of the university.
- 30-11-2011_i_student_barometer.pdf46 K